The Terms and Conditions below are applicable to all enrolled students from Term 1, 2024 onwards. By commencing lessons with Focus Music, the account payer, understands I will be liable for any and all fees associated with this enrollment/membership.
1. Membership/Enrolment – Students can enrol at any time throughout the Term. Lessons are billed on a pro-rata basis if the student enrolls part-way through a Term. Enrolments are for a School Term or the remaining lessons in that Term. Lessons are run during the school Term, including all Public Holidays.
2. Billing/Payments – Full Payment must be made prior to the Student’s first lesson of the Term they are enrolled in. Lessons cannot commence until payment has been made.
There are 3 payment options available.
1. One-Time Payment (Payment of full Term fees upfront)
2. Weekly Direct Debit (Weekly Direct Debit for one Term) - Transaction fee: Visa / Mastercard / AMEX – $1.50 per transaction
3. Loyalty Membership (Monthly Direct Debit for 12 Months) Transaction fee: Visa / Mastercard / AMEX – $1.50 per transaction
3. Make-Up Lessons – Students are offered 1 MAKE UP LESSON per term for private lessons only. This Make-Up lesson can be used for any reason including COVID-related absence, general illness, or if the student has something else on.If the Student wishes to use their 1 Make-Up lesson for an absence, they must REQUEST this at the time of notification of that absence. Notice must be received BEFORE the lesson start time
If no notice is given (or if notice is given AFTER the lesson start time), that the student cannot attend, that lesson will be forfeit.
All Make-Up lessons must be completed in the same Term. It is the Student's responsibility to book and attend any Make-Up lesson, including those scheduled in “Make Up Week” as described below. No refunds or credits will be given if a Make-Up lesson isn’t attended (for example, if the student is away during Make-Up Week).
4. Make-Up Week – Focus Music will aim to deliver Make-Up lessons during the school term. Any remaining Make-Up lessons will be delivered in Make-Up Week. Make-Up Week is a nominated week of the school holidays at the end of a Term. You will be advised of lesson availability to allow you to book your Make-Up lesson, if it hasn’t already been completed during the Term. eg. Term 4 Make-Up lessons will be delivered either in the week immediately after Term 4 ends, or in the final week before Term 1 commences in the following year.
Due to their nature, Focus Music cannot offer Make-Up lessons for canceled/missed Group Lessons, as that class will still go ahead without the Student attending.
5. Teacher Absence – If the Teacher is unable to attend a lesson for any reason, a Relief Teacher will be arranged for the Student’s lesson. If no Relief Teacher is available, Focus Music will schedule the missed lesson during “Make Up Week” if no other date during the term can be given by the teacher. In the event that the Student is unable to attend a Make-Up Lesson that was a result of a Teacher’s absence, this lesson will be credited to the following Term. Lessons are not refundable.
6. Membership Cancellation – Term Membership
Cancellation – The Student’s Term membership will automatically renew each Term. If the Student does not wish to renew their Term membership for the following Term, they must advise Focus Music by no later than the last business day of the current Term they are enrolled in. Notice of cancellation MUST be given by emailing email@example.com.
Late Withdrawal Fee - If the Student notifies Focus Music of their cancellation AFTER the last business day of Term, the Student will incur a Late Cancellation Fee of $75.00. If this amount is not paid within 14 days of the Student’s notice to cancel, the Student will be liable for the next full Term’s tuition fees based on their previous Term’s lesson type (i.e. Private Lessons or Group Lessons).
Early Cancellation - If the Student wishes to cancel part-way through their Term membership, the Student will remain liable for all lesson fees associated with their membership for the remainder of that Term. Lesson fees are not refundable.
7. Membership Cancellation – Loyalty Membership
Cancellation – The Student’s loyalty membership will automatically renew every 12 months. If the Student does not wish to renew their loyalty membership for the following 12 months, they must advise Focus Music by no later than the last business day of the current membership period. Notice of cancellation MUST be given by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Cancellation - If the Student wishes to cancel prior to the end of their 12-month membership, they may do so any time after a minimum of 6 months. A $150 cancellation fee applies.
If the Student wishes to cancel BEFORE the 6-month minimum period, the Student will remain liable for all lesson fees associated with their membership remaining in that 6-month period in addition to the early cancellation fee of $150. Lesson fees are not refundable.
If the $150 cancellation fee is not paid within 14 days of the Student’s notice to cancel their membership, the Student will be liable for all remaining fees in their 12-month membership.
8. Photo Release Permission - Please note that Focus Music will, at times, take photographs and video recordings of events and for promotional purposes. Please advise our team if you would NOT like this to occur.