1. Membership (Enrolment) – Enrolment is open throughout the year and lessons are billed on a pro-rata basis if the student enrolls part-way through a Term. Enrolments are for a School Term or the remaining lessons in that Term. If the student has enrolled as a Loyalty Member this is a 12-Month discounted enrolment. Students are required to attend all lessons at the time and day agreed to. Enrolment will automatically renew each Term / 12-month period unless the Parent/Legal Guardian advises Focus Music of the Student’s withdrawal no later than the last business day of the current enrolment period.
2. Billing/Payments – There are 3 payment options available.
1. One-Time Payment (Payment of full Term fees upfront)
2. Weekly Direct Debit (Weekly Direct Debit for 1 Term)
3. Loyalty Membership (Monthly Direct Debit for 12 Months)
3. Term Fees – Full Payment must be made prior to the Student’s first lesson of the Term they are enrolled in. Lessons cannot commence until payment has been made. Lessons run during the school Term, including all Public Holidays.
4. Direct Debit – If the student enrolls part-way through a Term and pays via Direct Debit, the number of debits will reflect the number of remaining weeks in the Term. If the Student is unable to meet a scheduled Direct Debit payment, they must contact Focus Music to discuss an alternate arrangement in order for the lessons associated with that debit to go ahead. Lessons cannot commence until the first Direct Debit has been paid.
Transaction fees (Ezidebit)
Admin Fee - $6.00 (first debit for first-time payee only)
Visa / Mastercard – $0.88 cents
Bank Account - $0.88 cents
Dishonour Fee - $14.80
Early Bird Discount
Applies to: Weekly Private 30- or 60-minute Lessons.
Receive this discount when: The Student enrolls and makes payment for the next Term of lessons prior to the end of the current Term.
Conditions: Payment for the next Term must be made in full prior to the last teaching day of the current Term.
Not applicable to: Students who select to pay for fees via Direct Debit, clients enrolling for Group Lessons, 20-minute Lessons, or Casual lessons.
Applies to: Families of 2 or more students enrolling for a Full Term or more for Weekly Group, 20- 30- or 60-minute lessons.
Receive this discount when: 2 or more students from the same family enrolling for a Full Term or more in Group, 20- 30- or 60-minute lessons and the Early Bird Discount deadline has passed.
Conditions: The second and subsequent students will receive 10% off their Term Fees. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with an Early Bird Discount and will be applied as a result of the Early Bird Discount deadline passing, ensuring families still receive a discount.
Not applicable to: Casual lessons, enrolment part-way through a Term (Term enrolment), Loyalty Membership.
Loyalty Member Discount
Applies to: All enrolment types.
Receive this discount when: Enroll for 12 months, on a monthly direct debit.
Conditions: Receive 8% discount off all lessons for a year. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount.
Not applicable to: Casual lessons.
6. Cancellation – Term Membership –The Student’s Term membership will automatically renew each Term. If the Student does not wish to renew their Term membership for the following Term, they must advise Focus Music by no later than the last business day of the current Term they are enrolled in. If the Student notifies Focus Music of their cancellation after the cancellation cut-off date (last business day of Term), the Student will incur a Late Cancellation Fee of $75.00. If this amount is not paid within 7 days of the Student’s notice to cancel, the Student will be liable for the next full Term’s tuition fees based on their previous Term’s lesson type (i.e. Private Lessons or Group Lessons).
Early Cancellation – Term Membership - If the Student wishes to cancel part-way through their Term membership, the Student will remain liable for all lesson fees associated with their membership for the remainder of that Term. Lesson fees are not refundable
7. Cancellation – Loyalty Membership – The Student’s loyalty membership will automatically renew every 12 months. If the Student does not wish to renew their loyalty membership for the following 12 months, they must advise Focus Music by no later than the last business day of the current membership period.
Early Cancellation – Loyalty Membership – If the student wishes to cancel prior to the end of their 12-month membership, they may do so after a minimum of 6 months. An early cancellation fee of $250 will apply. If this amount is not paid within 7 days of the Student’s notice to cancel their membership, the Student will be liable for all remaining fees in their 12-month membership and their membership will be cancelled at the end of that 12 months.
If the Student wishes to cancel before the 6-month minimum period, the Student will remain liable for all lesson fees associated with their membership for the remainder of that 6 months and an early cancellation fee of $250 will apply. Lesson fees are not refundable.
8. Rescheduling & Make-Up Lessons – A Make-Up lesson is offered when the student is unable to attend their normal lesson and is unable provide 24 hours’ notice. The student is entitled to 1 Make Up Lesson per Term.
A Reschedule is offered when the student is unable to attend their normal lesson and have provided at least 24-hour’s notice. The lesson must be rescheduled and cannot be cancelled without an alternative lesson day/time being confirmed.
All lessons must be completed within the same Term and cannot be carried over, credited or refunded. It is the student’s responsibility to book their own Make-Up lesson.
Focus Music is unable to offer Reschedules or Make-Up lessons for classes as the class will still go ahead without the student attending.
9.Teacher Absence & Make-Up Lessons – If the Teacher is unable to attend the lesson for any reason, a Relief Teacher will be arranged for the Student’s lesson. If no Relief Teacher is available, Focus Music will schedule a Make-Up Lesson at an alternate day/time. In the event that the Student is unable to attend a Make-Up Lesson that was a result of a Teacher’s absence, this lesson will be credited to the following Term. Lessons are not refundable.