1. Membership (Enrolment) – Enrolment is open throughout the year. Full payment must be made prior to the Student’s first lesson. Lessons cannot commence until payment has been made
2. Billing/Payments – There are 3 payment options available.
1. One-Time Payment (Payment of full fees upfront)
2. Weekly Direct Debit (Weekly Direct Debit for One Term) - Transaction fee: Visa / Mastercard / AMEX – $1.50 per transaction
3. Loyalty Membership (Monthly Direct Debit for 12 Months) Transaction fee: Visa / Mastercard / AMEX – $1.50 per transaction
3. Lessons are run at your school during the school Term. The student, once enrolled, is required to attend all lessons on the day and time they are scheduled. The Teacher will collect the student from their classroom.
4. Make-Up Lessons – Students are offered 1 Make-Up Lesson per Term for private lessons only. This Make-Up Lesson can be used for any reason including; COVID-related absence, general illness, appointment etc. Notice must be given BEFORE the lesson start time.
The Make-Up Lesson must be completed in the same Term. Parents will be notified when their student is booked in for their Make-Up lesson. No refunds or credits will be given if a Make-Up Lesson isn’t used..
5. Missed lessons as a result of School Activity – Any lesson missed as a result of a school activity shown on the school’s yearly calendar will be rescheduled to an alternative time and/or day.
We appreciate Parents letting us know as early as possible if the Student has a school activity which clashes with their lessons so we can arrange an alternative lesson for them. No refunds or credits will be given if a lesson isn’t used.
Due to their nature, Focus Music cannot offer Make-Up Lessons for missed Group Lessons as the class will still go ahead without a student attending.
6. Teacher Absence – If the Teacher is unable to attend the lesson for any reason, a Relief Teacher will be arranged for the Student’s lesson. If no Relief Teacher is available, Focus Music will schedule the missed lesson on an alternate day/time during the school Term. Any lessons missed as a result of the Teacher being absent will be credited. Lessons are not refundable.
7. Membership Cancellation – Term Membership
Cancellation – The Student’s Term membership will automatically renew each Term. If the Student does not wish to renew their Term membership for the following Term, they must advise Focus Music by no later than the last business day of the current Term they are enrolled in.
Late Withdrawal Fee - If the Student notifies Focus Music of their cancellation AFTER the last business day of Term, the Student will incur a Late Cancellation Fee of $75.00. If this amount is not paid within 7 days of the Student’s notice to cancel, the Student will be liable for the next full Term’s tuition fees based on their previous Term’s lesson type (i.e. Private Lessons or Group Lessons).
Early Cancellation - If the Student wishes to cancel part-way through their Term membership, the Student will remain liable for all lesson fees associated with their membership for the remainder of that Term. Lesson fees are not refundable.
8. Membership Cancellation – Loyalty Membership
Cancellation – The Student’s loyalty membership will automatically renew every 12 months. If the Student does not wish to renew their loyalty membership for the following 12 months, they must advise Focus Music by no later than the last business day of the current membership period.
Early Cancellation – If the Student wishes to cancel prior to the end of their 12-month membership, they may do so any time after a minimum of 6 months. A $250 cancellation fee applies.
If the Student wishes to cancel BEFORE the 6-month minimum period, the Student will remain liable for all lesson fees associated with their membership for the remainder of that 6 months in addition to the early cancellation fee of $250. Lesson fees are not refundable.
If the $250 cancellation fee is not paid within 7 days of the Student’s notice to cancel their membership, the Student will be liable for all remaining fees in their 12-month membership.
9. Photo Release Permission – Please note that Focus Music may, at times, take photographs and video recordings of events and for promotional purposes for your school and our organisation. These photographs and video recordings may include your child in them. Please advise our team if you would NOT like this to occur.